Cloudera and Hortonworks Merge
This is exciting stuff, so let’s jump right in.
First on the financials, which are sure to dominate the headlines. It’s a stock merger with Cloudera stockholders getting 60% stake in the new entity and Hortonworks stockholders obviously getting the other 40%. The combined organization is initially being valued at $5.2 billion, with Hortonworks having found positive cash flow by offering robust support services across the data analytics pipeline and Cloudera too relying on incorporating support within its subscription-based pricing model.
While it will be interesting to see how the companies merge overlapping approaches, personnel, offerings, etc., the executive leadership team will consist of a combination of executives from both companies, with Cloudera CEO Tom Reilly leading the new organization and Hortonworks CEO Rob Bearden joining the board.
Now onto my thoughts.
To read the complete article, CLICK HERE