Sideloading is the process of manually downloading applications and updates from APK files. Android package kit or an APK is the file format that Android makes use of to distribute and install their applications.
One of the biggest advantages of installing an APK file manually is that you get to have first dibs on applications and updates that are not available on the Google play store yet. One of the websites you can go to download the latest releases is through Aptoide. You can consider Aptoide an alternative to the app store. One of the main uses of aptoide is that anyone can create and craft their own app store.
Moreover, learning how to install an APK file is very easy. Here are the steps to do it.
How to install an APK file
There are two ways to install an APK file: from an Android device or from your computer. Here are the ways to go about those two options.
From the Android device
- First thing you have to do is just to open your browser in your mobile phone and simply look for the APK file that you want to download.
- When you find it, click on it and the downloading prompt should pop up and start.
- After the download has finished, go to the downloads folder and start to install.
- Afterward, you are done! It is that easy.
From your computer
- Look for the APK file you want and download it into a folder that you can easily find.
- Once you already found the APK file that you want to download, sync your personal computer to your android phone. Make sure that your settings allow third=party apps for your device.
- Do the rest of the process by downloading and installing when the prompt asks you to.